What are the subjects in a negotiation?
The mediation subjects can be divided into several areas:
- How to explain the separation to the children.
- Where children will normally reside after the separation.
- How much time will the children spend with each parent?
- Children’s health, education and wellbeing.
- Children’s financial needs.
- The contribution of each parent to the children’s financial needs.
The distribution of joint possessions and debts
- Responsibility to reach an agreement on the distribution of joint possessions and debts.
Any other issue related to the separation that worries you as a parent can be discussed.